Unlike most traditional routers, your new eero has a companion app that will smoothly guide you through the set-up process and do most of the hard work for you.
eero currently supports devices operating Android 7.0 or later and iOS 14 onwards. We strongly suggest using a device with a mobile data connection (cellular data), then follow the steps below to get connected.
BEFORE YOU START
You’ll need at least two available plug sockets to use Wi-Fi at home: one for your Full Fibre Optical Network Terminal (ONT) box on the wall, and one for the eero.
Note: You will not be able to set up your eero on a web browser.
SETTING UP YOUR EERO
Open your eero app and follow the easy, on-screen instructions or use the guide below to complete your set up.
Note: any mention of a ‘modem’ within the eero app refers to the ONT box installed on your wall by the engineer.
- Select ‘New to eero?’
- Select ‘Continue with e-mail or phone’
- Enter your full name, select the United Kingdom +44, enter your mobile number without the leading 0 and add your email address
- Read and Accept the Terms of Service
- Select ‘Confirm’
- Enter the verification code that will be sent to your mobile and select the next arrow
- Accept to receive mail from eero or not
- Select ‘Start Setup’
- Select OK to accept Bluetooth access
- Select ‘Start’
- Select the arrow key to work through the installation setup
Note: When following these steps, please ensure you only set up your Gateway eero first to prevent the app trying to setup the wrong eero. You will have the opportunity to connect other eero devices at a later stage.
- Allow Bluetooth access if requested
- Wait for the application to find the eero device you are connecting
- Select the location of your eero
- Enter a Wi-Fi name and password (this must be 8-63 characters long) of your choosing
- Select ‘ Create Network
- Select ‘Next’
- Select ‘Finish Setup’
It is at this stage that you can set up any additional eero devices. Just follow the instructions here.
- Select ‘skip’ if you do not wish to link this to your Amazon account.
- Select the X (top left) if you do not wish to subscribe to eero Plus
Your eero is now online.
On the off chance that you’re required to manually configure your eero, please review the steps in our ‘How to use my own router’ post.
Should you wish, you can download our Quick Start Guide here.