Before your installation, we will have agreed a half day time slot with you, which is when you should expect the engineers to arrive. This is what to expect on the day:
- The engineer may call you to confirm their arrival time or check directions. Note that this call may be from a withheld number.
- The engineer(s) will introduce themselves to you. If you have any concerns about their identity please call us immediately on 0330 333 3006 to confirm.
- The engineer(s) will start outside, bringing the fibre into your home and should explain and agree any work they need to do to your property with you.
- Once the fibre has been installed and the fibre termination box (ONT) has been fitted, it’s time to connect the Wi-Fi router. For most customers, this would have been shipped to your address in advance.
- Once your installation is complete, the engineers will tidy up any mess they may have made and leave your home spick and span!
Or, to view our installation video, please click here. (Please note: It will not always be Giganet branded engineers who arrived to undertake your installation, on the day it could be engineers working on behalf of one of our infrastructure partners.)
We don’t have direct contact with the engineers and are typically updated the evening after your install has taken place. We can see when your service is active and are happy to assist you with any queries or issues between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays). If you need us, just get in touch.